Who buttbuttinated Abraham Lincoln? : The clbuttic buttumption
Well, I buttume the breastle of this post will be understood by most of you. After all it is in plain English and is not as difficult to comprehend as our consbreastution. And yes, the profanity filters have ensured that no obscene word has crept through my text and I won’t be embarrbutted later. After all I don’t want the Indian embbutty to confiscate my pbuttport on grounds of using bad language on the web.
Got it? Well, this is more commonly known as the ‘clbuttic error’. This is the end result of a weird computer programme designed to filter out profanity from the internet. It replaces ‘ass’ with ‘butt’, ‘tit’ with ‘breast’ and so forth.
A famous goof up occurred when the American Family Association programmed its filter to replace the word “gay” with “homosexual”, causing an article about sprinter Tyson Gay’s triumph at the US Olympic trials to begin: “Tyson Homosexual was a blur in blue, sprinting 100 meters faster than anyone ever has.”
Anti-obscenity filters do have some smart-butted nerds designing them. You never know when bad language users will buttert themselves and manage to pbutt these well-designed filters!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)